- 06-Mar-2017 to 05-May-2017 (EST)
- New York City, NY, USA
- Full Time
One of the fastest growing companies in America, Shields Health Solutions partners with hospital leaders on every aspect of specialty pharmacy creation and management. The company provides the fastest, lowest risk model for Hospital leaders to create a hospital-owned specialty pharmacy business, whether starting from scratch or adding specialty capabilities to a hospital's existing pharmacy programs.
The Organization is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing organization in the specialty pharmacy management services space. Applicant must have familiarity with the hospital / healthcare ecosystem and have sound business acumen capable of identifying opportunities, developing action plans and delivering results. Applicant should have a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward-planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, well-presented, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Critical to this position is a person who is able to work well under deadlines and time pressures. Applicant must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team. Applicant should be aware that regional geographic responsibilities may increase with company growth.
Provides integrated support across stakeholders (providers, clinical staff, hospital administration, pharmacy, vendors) and throughout the outpatient specialty pharmacy program continuum of care. Responsible to ensure that the NYU Specialty pharmacy program is delivering "legendary care," to all of their patients. Also responsible for proactively identifying growth opportunities for the specialty pharmacy program and building cost benefit analysis to determine initial viability.
Provides day to day oversight of all pharmacy patient liaisons that will be integrated within NYU's clinics covering multiple specialties including but not limited to MS, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Transplant, and Infectious Diseases. The liaisons are responsible for patient benefits investigation, prior authorization, and monitoring patient medication adherence to ensure that patients can seamlessly access their outpatient prescriptions. The Regional Manager will manage all aspects of Shield's day to day operations and relationship with NYU on behalf of Shield's VP of Pharmacy Operations, and VP of Strategic Development. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with NYU pharmacy, administrative, and clinical leadership to develop, implement, and monitor performance on growth initiatives while maintaining excellent patient and clinician satisfaction scores.
Provides leadership and communication between the Liaison team, Patient Support Center, and the Cobble Hill Specialty Pharmacy to ensure consistent workflow and appropriate communications between interdepartmental team members. Troubleshoots issues related to fulfillment and issues that affect patient care. Acts to implement sound procedures that ensure on-time delivery of medications to clinic, home, or other location of patient choice.
Is responsible to ensure all aspects of government payer and commercial payer contracts, patient assistance programs, NY pharmacy regulations, Federal drug regulations, manufacturer shipping standards, and accreditations standards are fully met.
Years of Experience: 7+ of hospital / healthcare experience in operations, strategy and/or finance
Skills: Analyze data, exercise good judgment, possess strong verbal communication skills, able to manage processes, exhibit strong technical and clinical skills, excellent leader and manager of people, constant focus on legal compliance, highly productive, quality focused, maniacal attention to detail, highly computer proficient. Experience in process development, process mapping, process improvement, and pharmacy operations. Capable of operating with limited direct oversight. Ability to build collaborative and meaningful relationships across multiple and diverse stakeholders.
Traits: Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator,
Other: Energetic, highly motivated, team player with strong personal and communication skills; discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data
Specialties: Knowledge of pharmacy operations and specialty medications prescribed for transplant, hepatitis C, pulmonology, pediatric endocrinology, infectious disease (including HIV), MS, RA, and/or oncology preferred
- Serve as day-to-day manager of Shields onsite liaisons at NYU
- Identify trends, resolves problems; and lead the development of new processes and initiatives to continuously improve the pharmacy's integration with prescribing clinics to ensure the best patient service;
- Facilitate effective communication between the pharmacy, pharmacy liaisons (who will be located in the hospital's clinics), Shields PSC, and clinical areas throughout the hospital;
- Facilitate effective communication with Shields, ensure legendary care is delivered to all patients, and proactively step in to serve in any capacity;
- Proactively identify a list of growth opportunities and gain organizational buy-in from hospital partners and Shields leadership
- Personally execute or oversee the implementation of the growth initiatives in a timely manner
- Track and communicate progress against growth goals to hospital partners and internal Shields leadership
- Communicate and collaborate with Shields corporate resources to effectively leverage respective subject matter expertise to ensure NYU expectations are consistently exceeded
- Collaborate with NYU pharmacy team to evaluate the specialty pharmacy program work flows and advise on quality and operational improvement initiatives to maximize performance specifically:
- Manage day to day communications between pharmacy, PSC, and Liaisons and address workflow related issues between teams
- Troubleshoot issues related to deliveries
- Resolve service related issues with patients and caregivers.
- Ensure compliance with all NY and Federal regulations related to payer, pharmacy, manufacturer and foundation patient assistance programs, drug distribution, and accreditation.
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications;
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Willing to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of the Organization;
- Other duties as assigned;