One of the fastest growing companies in America, Shields Health Solutions partners with hospital leaders on every aspect of specialty pharmacy creation and management. The company provides the fastest, lowest risk model for Hospital leaders to create a hospital-owned specialty pharmacy business, whether starting from scratch or adding specialty capabilities to a hospital's existing pharmacy programs.
The Company is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing company in the specialty pharmacy management services. Applicant should be results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward-planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, well-presented, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Critical to this position is a person who is able to work well under deadlines and time pressures. Applicant must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team.
The Finance Manager is responsible for advising, establishing and implementing the outpatient prescription qualification processes in conjunction with each partnering health system. This individual will need to identify the compliance and reconciliation improvement opportunities as well as establish a customized plan and structure based on the requirements/needs of each partnering health system.
Required Licensure/Certification: Applicants who have a MBA or hold a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) are preferred but not required.
Traits: Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator, ability to manage a team
Other: energetic, highly motivated, team player with strong personal and communication skills; discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data
Applicants with an understanding of pharmacy operations and the 340b program are strongly desired. Applicants with the knowledge of MacroHelix and Sentry, as well as knowledge of contract pharmacy arrangements and HIPAA compliance are preferred.
- Assess the 340B qualification logic used by each of our hospital partners to optimize 340B savings;
- Develop 340B qualification logic in conjunction with partnering health systems;
- Monitor monthly drug purchases for each pharmacy;
- Registering contract pharmacies for hospital partners;
- Architect a platform for implementing 340B split-billing software with our hospital partners wholly-owned pharmacies and/or contract pharmacies;
- Monitor 340B Drug Program changes and assess its impact;
- Assist Hospital partners with their 340b strategy
- Assist hospital partners determine whether to carve in/carve out as it relates to Medicaid and Managed Medicaid;
- Manage Medicaid rebilling process for each hospital partner;
- Have a deep understanding of all 340B software used by our various hospital partners;
- Responsible for identifying data and IT issues and flaws that could affect 340B optimization;
- Develop processes with hospital partners to adhere to HRSA compliance;
- Learn to navigate hospital electronic medical record systems (e.g. Allscripts, Cerner);
- Perform audits of 340B/WAC claims to ensure there are no discrepancies;
- Complete reports ensuring 340B pricing within pharmacy and 340B systems are updated and accurate;
- Assist in implementation of new hospital partner relationships;
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Other duties as assigned;