One of the fastest growing companies in America, Shields Health Solutions partners with hospital leaders on every aspect of specialty pharmacy creation and management. The company provides the fastest, lowest risk model for Hospital leaders to create a hospital-owned specialty pharmacy business, whether starting from scratch or adding specialty capabilities to a hospital's existing pharmacy programs.
The Company is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing company in the specialty pharmacy management services. We are seeking experienced pharmacy technicians who are registered with the State of employment and also nationally certified as a CPhT. Should certification need to be obtained for a particular state or updated at the time of employment, the applicant will commit to obtaining the required certification within a mutually agreed upon timeframe. Continued employment is contingent upon meeting these requirements. Critical to this position is a person who is able to establish strong and credible relationships with patients, clinicians and internal Shields staff. Applicants should be results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high patient quality and service. A natural forward-planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, well-presented, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Applicant must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team
Job Purpose: Helping Patients and Improving the Quality of Care
Provide phone support to patients by answering inbound inquiries, providing outbound therapy and medication adherence check-ups, securing refill prescriptions, helping patients with insurance claims and financial assistance
Required Licensure/Certification: We are seeking experienced pharmacy technicians who are registered with the State of employment and also nationally certified as a CPhT. Should certification need to be obtained for a particular state or updated at the time of employment, the applicant will commit to obtaining the required certification within a mutually agreed upon timeframe. Continued employment is contingent upon meeting these requirements.
Years of Experience: Required 3-5 years, Preferred 5-8 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician
We are looking for someone with strong phone skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word, able to quickly learn other database programs (knowledge of the "Rx30" software system a plus) and able to identify relevant information with a focus on quality.
The applicant should be very organized with attention to detail and have great interpersonal skills, high integrity, be dependable and a good listener and an empathetic communicator.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and highly motivated, team player with a willingness to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of the company. Discretion and confidentiality is essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data.
- Communicate directly with patients over the phone to assist them in all aspects of medication compliance
- Review prescriptions with doctors' offices to insure optimal care of the patient
- Keep complete and accurate records of patient communications
- Assist patients in the management of their pharmacy insurance claims
- Work closely with pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons to provide an integrated approach quality patient care
- Input data, perform adjudication on test claims and prepare action plans for follow-up
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications
- Apply observations and recommendations to operational issues, increased productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Identify trends, resolve problems; recommend improvements; implement change
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives
- Act as a value-added business partner to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Minimal in or out of state travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned